Type: Full Time
Location: New York City
About the Job:
We are looking for an engineering director with an innovative-oriented mindset and a focus on exceeding expectations. This position will manage a team of engineers (mechanical, electrical, & plumbing) for product development from concept to product release for building, meet and report to upper management, and plan and monitor project schedules.
A successful candidate should have exceptional leadership, communication, and project management skills, years of management experience, and a belief in developing the skills and talents of others.
Equal Employment Opportunity is a vital component of our company culture and our success.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license is required.
- Bachelor’s degree with the engineering field
- 4+ years of experience in commercial and residential MEP design.
- Experience in Revit, Auto CAD and solid works preferred.
- Proven interest in the field of building design and energy savings.
Experience: You should have demonstrated experience of the following areas:
- Experience with MEP System design, sizing and evaluation of critical mechanical components for their performance and reliability.
- Load calculations and some Energy modeling experience preferred.
- Experience on prepare contract drawings detailing the designed systems using AutoCAD or Revit.
- Experience with executing the contract according to the clients’ requirement within the specified time and standard.
- Experience working with cross-discipline teams to execute the project.
- Experience with project execution, feasibility studies, budget and cost calculation
- Capable to Manage multiple projects, work area or technical skill set, monitor quality of work, and is involved in client liaison.
- Knowledge of Energy Audit and Commissioning preferred.
- Implementing best practice engineering methods for MEP design and energy reductions.
- Providing technical guidance to engineering and energy teams and top management
- Supporting established organizational objectives by developing goals and strategies
- Presenting budgets, plan and work activities to meet project timeline
- Finding and implementing ways to improve cost-efficiency
Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
Competitive Salary, vacation time, personal days, and bonus as well as other benefits.